JN Boards: The Jellyneopian Times! - JN Boards

Rules

General Chat Rules

This topic is used to post about your favorite non-Neopets topics that don't fit in our other Chat categories. Media has its own subforum, as do Current Events and Debates. If you're looking to bring up something relating to any of those, please do it in the proper forum!

If you're talking about your dad making spaghetti for dinner tonight, however, this board is not the one to use. Go post in Random Blah instead! ;)
  • (149 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Jellyneopian Times! The official newspaper of Jellyneo, by Jellyneo, and for Jellyneo!

#2056 User is offline   Hayley Williams 

• Yo dawg...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Elite Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:39 PM

Ironic how you get my forgotten poem in, but neither my article or advertisement, and state how you got my forgotten poem in. :P

Anyway, nice issue. And people, apply!

#2057 User is offline   Discord 

• Oh look at that. I've been impaled.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:14 PM

Good haiku, Luka. The JNT has too much poetry. There should be more staff for other stuff.

#2058 User is offline   Fiorina 

• Fiorina in disguise
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Neopets: hillyhawk
  • jnAccount : hillyhawk

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:50 AM

Just so you know, I'm taking over the JNT until April 8th. A return to editing from the very first editor! Warning: This editor has turned corrupt. The evil kind of corrupt.

#2059 User is offline   Dodger 

• Agents are GO!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Neopets: dodgerfan28
  • jnAccount : dodgerfan28

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:22 PM

When has Tara not been evil? I can't remember. Either way, glad this isn't my problem.

#2060 User is offline   Hayley Williams 

• Yo dawg...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:02 PM

Well, Tara's busy with a RP plotting how to take over Jellyneopia The Jellyneopian Times doing some random Tara-related thing, so, instead, I shall bring you the JNT for the next few weeks. Probably...I'm confusing myself. Well, here goes nothing. Wish me luck!

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af175/jom2/jntlogo-2.png

The Jellyneopian Times!
Logo by Shadow

Well, I'm not experienced in this field of editoring, but I'll give it a go. *Checks PMs* Oh look, a story from Dodger. It's bound to be good...

Elon Hughlis Saves the World
By Dodger Elon Hughlis

Hi Im Elon Hughlis and this is a true story
if u are wondering why the story looks badd its because my editor flea is busy and i dont type good by myself

One day there was a giant badd monster who was crushing the world
her Name was prytariel and she was a giant ugly aisha

all the other altador Cup players tried to stop her but they got crushed so I came and stopped her and everybody was all thanks elon you are the best and super awesome.

the end.

Umm...that doesn't really look like the best content...should I be editing it? It looks like it could use a bit of editing, but it kinda states that it's bad because his editor flea is busy...um...sure, I guess I'll edit it...maybe?

Elon Hughlis Saves the World
By Dodger Elon Hughlis

Hi. I'm Elon Hughlis and this is a true story.
(If you are wondering why the story looks bad,

...Ok, I give up. NEXT!

Well, here's a nice article from me that I sent 3est 3 weeks ago, but he didn't put it in the JNT...here's a continuation of my series I started a month ago

Featured Topics
This week: 'Roleplaying'
A series by JB, based off an original idea by 3est

As we continue to list some of the biggest and best topics, we'll take a short walk through a forum that borders the Province of Games.

From where we left off last week, in the Games Forum, we can walk across a small border to the other main province of Forum Games, The Roleplaying Forum. This province, although smaller then the Games Forum (mainly due to CT100k), it is again one of the biggest forums, the fourth largest.

The Roleplaying forum contains roleplays, games in which you go around portraying a different (or sometimes similar character) in a situation, normally with a plot. As we saw last week, Random Roleplay is a roleplay with no fixed plot. The roleplays in Roleplaying often have a plot, and are more uptight, having specific rules for the whole of the Roleplay section.

Our first stop here is the topic that makes up over 90% of all posts in the Roleplaying Forum, The Altador Cup VI. The Altador Cup VI is a topic in which the RPers can roleplay as different Altador Cup players, having them go around and mingle with the other Cup players. Romance often occurs, whether only hinted at, or stated outright. This Roleplay has no fixed plot, so it is great for RPers who like to go here, there, and everywhere. It also uses characters already known, making it a great first RP!

Our next RP is the oldest RP currently alive (but, at the time of my writing, soon to be dead), RP, The Basement of Doom. Although nowhere close to the amount of posts The Altador Cup VI has, it is the second most-posted in RP, and is over a year old! This RP's plot is, as the title says, a Basement of Doom. More specifically, the characters attempt to navigate throughout a deadly basement. Also, I'd encourage you guys to post there soon, before it dies.

Our second last stop today is The Bloodwolves Of Dulewa'ain, the next highest posted in topic. This roleplay is a part-fight RP, and the main characters are neither human nor Neopets - they are Wolves, specifically - Bloodwolves. The plot is a ongoing battle between the Bloodwolves and the Ulga'athar, who had a truce, but it was broken, cuasing an all-out war. Who will win? The only way to find out is to check it out!

The final RP we'll be visiting today is, although with only 120 posts at the time of writing, really new for it's size - less then a month! This Roleplay is much like The Altador Cup VI, except you don't portray the lives of Altador Cup players, but instead anyone Neopian figure or Neopet you want. This RP is another great one for beginners, as it has no plot, and you can pretend to be your own Neopets.

I hope you've had a fun time traveling with me through the Roleplaying Forum, and if you have any Forums which you'd like me to visit. Until next time, a fun in the RP section!

/Yeahs for a long article!

Next up, is the Poetry Corner. The best place. Full of nice poems that rhyme about nature and stuff...happy things...well except by our resident psychopath poetry writer Moe, who writes these sad poems...but then again, I told her I liked them (which I do) to get content, so...meh...here's a slightly depressing but at the same time wonderful poem by Moe!

Snow
By Moe

Footsteps sit in the snow
And remind me of you

Their one way path
Walking away
To never turn back

Seems like something you'd do
It's an oddly familiar song

Steps only leave scars
Brush the outside
Tell the rest of the world

Shame we lasted so long
I was so blind to you

Sitting there sparkling
Ignoring pain
Oblivious to it

Seems like something I'd do
Guess I have more to learn

Well, that was enjoyable, even if slightly depressing. But hey, so's the world. Lastly, we have a poem by me, which I am writing as I go publishing the JNT.

JNT Editor

By JB

The 'Times Editor
This is my new 'high title'
...Temporarily

Because of the fact
That I am publishing this
JN-wide read news

It is really fun
Though also a bit scary
Because of reasons

If this whole thing fails
The editor must go down
Along with his ship

But I'll take that risk
In hope of making JN
A happier place

Well, that's my first ever JNT published. I hope you liked it! And for all the JNT staff : Please send in content. If you do, I'll make you cookies. :)

I'll you you all tonight with an announcement, from me :

Announcements/Advertisements

Do you have an announcement or advertisement you would like in the JNT? PM it to JB_!

JB wants to know what people think of his stories/articles, what the general JN public wants to read (short stories, a long[er] story [multiple weeks], poems, or articles), and also who actually reads the JNT. So, if you're reading this, could you please answer my questions? Thanks. :)

-JB

G'night, folks, and see y'all next week. :)

#2061 User is offline   Mabel Pines 

• yam
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • jnAccount : awesomemoe

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:33 PM

Oh. Elon's bad at typing.

For some reason I had this headcanon where he was really good at typing and taught people typing lessons...

I don't know why. o.o

#2062 User is offline   Dodger 

• Agents are GO!!
  • Neopets: dodgerfan28
  • jnAccount : dodgerfan28

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:09 PM

Dodger was supposed to have s tags around it to show that Elon wrote it but I wrote it.

If you want me to post it then I can. If you want advice then I can give some. Either way is fine.

#2063 User is offline   Hayley Williams 

• Yo dawg...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:42 PM

I actually like posting it. But advice would be nice, thanks. :)

#2064 User is offline   Chev 

• Your average nerd… from space!™
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Neopets: chevrolette__xx
  • jnAccount : Chev

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:48 PM

Are we getting another JNT someday? (See, I posted here...)

#2065 User is offline   Hayley Williams 

• Yo dawg...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:03 PM

Welcome to the

The Jellyneopian Times!
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab44/beansjumping/JNTimes.png
Logo by JB

Welcome to the JNT, this week, we have loads of articles and stories...

NOT!

For the second week in a row, the JNT has received zero new articles, zero new stories, zero new comics, nothing! (Well, except for Gossip, from a non-staff member)

Frankly, I am disappointed. I'm not going to post the article I made, or the Gossip someone sent in.

However, JNT Staff, I have a challenge for you.

Send me content by tomorrow and I'll publish a very late JNT. If not, we'll see if we can manage enough for next week.

Thank you to (s)he who sent in gossip.

Hopefully I'll see you all tomorrow. In the meantime, here's a very old Elon drawing by 3est. :)

http://i52.tinypic.com/2edt8c8.jpg

#2066 User is offline   Professor Sycamore 

• welcom 2 kalos
  • Neopets: milaza
  • jnAccount : Winter_Knight

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:13 PM

I loved that drawing. Dodger used to post it when nothing was there didn't he?

#2067 User is offline   Hayley Williams 

• Yo dawg...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:41 PM

Yep. About a month straight of posting that picture to increase content, one week of it being the sole content of the JNT, and then a week where he felt we 'didn't even deserve that'

#2068 User is offline   Capoldo 

• I DEMAND TO DIE NAKED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:10 PM

Oh look, I didn't miss much. lol

I really need to submit an application

#2069 User is offline   Hayley Williams 

• Yo dawg...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:45 PM

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen (and aliens/supernatural races/etc.) to...

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq183/Piraatex/jntapplication.png
The Jellyneopian Times!
Logo by Piratex

Well, after a few delays, I am glad that we finally have content, albeit not much (mainly because we have 2.5 content writers and a graphic designer) So, please apply for a job!

Our first story today is a story by me. It's partly a rant, so let's get started.

My Daily Dare and Games I No Longer Wish to Ever Play
By JB

Well, it's a week and some into 2012's Daily Dare, and I'm already fed up with it. There are many, many games that I now hate, just because of Daily Dare. But, let's look at all days so far:

Day 1: Snowmuncher

This was an easy game, and a nice one to start with. A small challenge, but not a hard one. Also, a fun game. Mostly original. I beat AAA first try, and was rearing for the next day or Daily Dare to come, which was...

Day 2: Carnival of Terror

Although I don't like the game very much, I didn't mind it. A boring game, not very fun, but a relatively easy score to beat. Beat AAA on my first try again, and still don't like the game much. The next day came, with...

Day 3: Destruct-O-Match

At first, I was content with the game, and I like the game. But then, things went downhill. Very downhill. I tried the Double Trouble, and Double Trouble Extreme versions, but failed. Slightly angered, I took a tip, and went to classic. I didn't do very well, and tried again. This time, I got 4 points(!) away from beating AAA. Very angered, I tried again, and beat AAA. Oops! Your score couldn't be sent. >: ( So I refreshed the page, and played again, and beat AAA. (And the score sent). However, DOM is now on my list of games I never want to play again. Angered, I moved to...

Day 4: Meepit Juice Break

My first thought was 'Aww, they're so cute. <3' [I love Meepits]. And even better, I didn't despise the game. With a renewed sense of energy and spirit, I quickly went on to beat AAA, and to cuddle with Meepits, all the way to...

Day 5: Cooty Wars

I didn't like the game much before DD came, and now I really despise it. Not only did I have to go and get a wireless mouse for my laptop, it took me at least 5 tries, probably more, before I finally shot enough to beat AAA's score. This game is added to the list of games I never want to play again. Increasingly angry, I waited until...

Day 6: Gwyl's Great Escape

I didn't like this game much before, and I still don't like it much anymore, but at least it didn't make my list of games I never want to play again. I tried and failed the first time, but then I used a guide, and the secret code to the secret level, and luckily managed to beat it on my second try, leaving me to wait for...

Day 7: Wrath of the Snowager

I'm sure most (if not all) of you guys will agree with me when I say this game was the easiest yet. In fact, it's the only game to make the list of games I actually like more after DD. In fact, after beating AAA my first game, I even went and played it again, a huge rarity with me! Loving life, I was all set for...

Day 8: Super Hasee Bounce

Ugh. I hate this game, with a capital h-a-t-e. I hate it. I started off the day grudgingly, not liking Super Hasee Bounce. But then, I hated it. I played it at least ten times, with the arrows keys, a touchpad, and a wireless mouse, and failed every. Single. Time. I never ever ever ever ever want to play it again. I despise it, as it me.

Day 9: Kou-Jong, Day 10: Ice Cream Machine, Day 11: Sophie's Stew

I did not play any of these games yet, because I am still mad about Super Hasee Bounce. I may play them before DD ends, or I may not...

Well, that's my Daily Dare rant, so how about yours? If you have a rant you'd like to get out, feel free to PM me it.

Next off, we have a story from Moe from when she was 8 or something, partially edited (hey, it's better than nothing!)

[Untitled]
By Moe

Yesterday since my family started t.v. tun of week early we got to play my new finding Nemo game we got to a new ledvel.

I am not happy at all because I made a fort out of blankets and my brothers bed and Johns friend Megan got a flash light. I read a amount of books. But in the middle of the last Book I could my mom calld Time for school.
Time for school!
Oh fine! I'm coming.

I went to Madeys sadly. But it cheered me up when I heard we were going in the car.

When I dig in the sand I might find slugs or worms. Slugs are gross. Old seeds, rocks, dead leaves oldnes paper, dirt, roots, ants and mud.

I made a mothers day present for mom.

I can't wait until I finish my journal.

On Tuesday we beat the Yankees. I was so exited. I got 2 hits.

Schools the best.

One thing I would like to learn about fish is how can there be little ones in the water when the red tide will kill the ones that stay little. Oh and if you do not know what red tide mmeans it means really bad current. Current means like water pulling you away. Small story: once in Florida I was in the water and the water was pulling me east. Well at least that was what I thought. It was doing that maybe it was pulling me right but I know it was pulling me. Another story. Once apon a time I was walking on the beach with my cousins
and...
we saw a dead sand shark ooooooooooooooooooooooo and we ran back to our parents.

We got a now fish a sunset platy and 5 glass tetras. The sun set platy reminds me of my favorite colors red, orange and yellow. I mad a fish like it except I used red orange and orange.

Well, that's it folks. Please send in stuff, even if you're not JNT staff member, or join us. Even though people aren't supposed to send in content if they're not Staffies, I'm so desperate I'll probably accept it. :)

#2070 User is offline   Professor Sycamore 

• welcom 2 kalos
  • Neopets: milaza
  • jnAccount : Winter_Knight

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:27 PM

Nice article JB. I might send in something for JNT.

Share this topic:

• (149 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users