JN Boards: The Basics Of Visual Basic 2008! - JN Boards

Rules!

This forum is used for posting useful and helpful tutorials. Tutorials can be on anything of use relating to images, coding languages, etc. Please don't post tutorials explaining the proper way to microwave your macaroni and cheese. We all have our own special ways.

If, and only if, you have a tutorial to submit, you can use this forum to post it.

If you have a question or request, use the Help/Requests subforum to post it in.

Can't find a tutorial?
Use the search function to find it or you can look on the main part of JN to see some tutorials we have posted there! (After a tutorial is added, it is taken down from the forum.)
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Basics Of Visual Basic 2008!

#1 User is offline   Shadowdream 

• The Master of All the Cookies on the World!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Active Members
  • Neo Name: sideaccount123_11

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:04 AM

Visual Basic is a programming languge(<-- can't spell) made by microsoft in 1998(or '99) And has been going strong ever since.

What you need:

Visual Basic 2008 Express(FREE): http://www.microsoft...vb/Default.aspx
Windows VISTA or XP
Keyboard And Mouse
Some knowledge of computers
A Brain(Free, you should have on in your head)

Extras(Optional):

C4F P2P Developer Kit(Also Free)
C4F P2P Toolkit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTERS:
1- Getting Started
2- Creating A Project
3- Design
4- Coding

1- Getting started

Download and install Visual Basic 2008, you don't need to reboot, tell it no reboot.
-----
REGISTERING:
GOTO: Visual Basic 2008> Help> Register> Get Key

Make SURE you have a MSN or Hotmail account, you will need to login. Fill out the form, and hit the submit button,wait a few seconds, and you will get your key, paste it into the little box and hit the register button!
-----
Open visual basic and take a look around, you will notice little sections, something called a "Toolbox", that is important! Study the start page, and get used to everything.

2- Creating A Project

you will see in the "Recent Projects" box, there is a "Create..." link. Click that to make your project. Once you do that, it will open a window, select "Windows Forms Application", name it, and click OK.

3- Design

You will see a little window with the title "Form1", you will see a properties tap on the side, click it or hover, and under "text" type "My First Program!", then go to the "Toolbox" and select "Button" and change it's text to "Click Me!". you can re-size all you want.

Double click the "Click Me!" Button and...

4- Coding

You will need to do some coding, this is very simple!

This is the code you will see:

Public Class Form1

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

End Sub
End Class

Now, when we debug this, nothing will happen when we click the button.

We need to type in this:

MsgBox("Hello!")

And that is the code! click the little green arrow at the top to test out your program!

----
Thank you for reading my tutorial! Send me a PM if you get any errors! If you need any screen shots, just ask, one if already there!

Written by: JordanLM

#2 User is offline   Jakey Doo 

• He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector, a dark knight,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Elite Members

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:47 AM

Do more @__@ I'm studying Visua lBasic in Computing and your knowledge would be pretty awesome.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users