JN Boards: What Did You Think About The Altador Cup? - JN Boards

Lots going on in Altador!

http://www.jellyneo.net/images/jn/forum_link_altadorcup.png http://www.jellyneo.net/images/jn/forum_link_altadorplot.png

Altador Cup IX has come to a close. Getting ready for next year already? Who do you think will take the next Cup?

You may also use this forum to get help with the Altador Mini-Plot if that dang Vaeolus just won't cooperate.
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

What Did You Think About The Altador Cup?

#1 User is offline   Yoshi 

• Yoshi Fanatic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Elite Members

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:25 PM

So what did you think about this year's altador cup and staff tournament?

I think it was alright other than I missed most of it.

#2 User is offline   Nasa 

• JN Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Neopets: nasa_guy1990
  • jnAccount : firestormcan

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:10 PM

It's obvious TNT made a huge mistake releasing the new Yooyuball without a proper beta test, 'cause while change was appreciated, it would've been nice to try it out a month in advance so that the bugs could be ironed out. I came to the cup expecting to play a better experience, but all I got out of it was a painful beta test. Thanks a lot TNT, you lazy bums. T_T

And as always, the side games suck. SlSl is drawn out and not worth your time, MSN kills both your keyboard and arms, and SOSO is WAAAAY to simple for its own good. I say either remake or replace those games for next year, 'cause I'm really sick of those games.

The staff tourney was definitely the best thing about this year's cup to me. Then again I got royally screwed by the brackets last year so I shouldn't praise it as such. XD The separate prize shop caught me off guard there, I'll give them credit for that.

As for the results, it's nice to see a huge surprise for once. Virtupets definitely deserves it this year after so many lackluster tourneys. If only I didn't stick with Shenkuu this year. T_T

All in all, not the best year, but not as lazy as IV was. At least in my opinion. At the most I'd give it a 5/10.

#3 User is offline   Yoshi 

• Yoshi Fanatic

Posted 12 July 2011 - 11:29 PM

Some comments

YYB - Hated the new version. My security keeps giving performance errors yet I have a lot of RAM and memory for that to happen.

Slushie Slinger - too long and annoying

Make Some Noise - Since I use a laptop, I didn't want to ruin the built in keyboard so I got a keyboard and attached it just for MSN.

Shootout Showdown - Ok...... I guess

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......yeah

#4 User is offline   Haduo 

• JN Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Neopets: shoyruhadouken
  • jnAccount : thev2

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:16 AM

Eh, it was alright and all, but Lost Desert getting the winner's curse is not a surprise for me, the bottom five standings are no different than last year's, and the third bracket teams only improved standings by one with exception of Roo Island's team, which only dropped to five places below.

My thoughts on the games:

YYB - Apparently, I'm the only one in this topic who likes the new version (but that's because I haven't played the old one yet)
Slushie Slinger - IMO, it could have a more fast-paced gameplay
Make Some Noise - Too glitchy, so I stopped playing it
Shootout Showdown - My favorite side game so far even thought that I find the Jelly Chia highly disturbing

#5 User is offline   purtibair 

• Neophyte
  • Pip

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:23 AM

YYB- Disliked the new version. Auto-switching drove me mad and keyboard controls were awkward. They should have at least gave you a mouse option.
SS- Didn't play it much, what I did was slow-paced.
MSN- Pretty good.
Shootout Showdown- Eh.

#6 User is offline   Floran 

• Baron Breadfish

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:28 AM

I HATED YYB! NO beta or anything, the glitches were everywhere, and all TNT does is get rid of 2, add keys for left handed, let you change to the goal keeper, and frozen a couple hundred accounts. I barley played any of the side games, as they are not interesting to me.

#7 User is offline   Haduo 

• JN Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Neopets: shoyruhadouken
  • jnAccount : thev2

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:40 AM

Yep, it sure looks like that I'm the only in this topic who likes the new Yooyuball.

#8 User is offline   Rach 

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:53 AM

View PostHaduo, on 13 July 2011 - 05:40 AM, said:

Yep, it sure looks like that I'm the only in this topic who likes the new Yooyuball.

You're not alone. :P I guess I'm a little biased because I played in ACIII but didn't play any Yooyuball.

View PostNasa, on 12 July 2011 - 10:10 PM, said:

SlSl is drawn out and not worth your time...

Ugh, my thoughts exactly.
I really liked the new Yooyuball. However, there should have been a beta test prior to the Cup- new YYB was implemented on a really short notice.
MSN was okay, I had to play on the low-quality version and set the key repeat rate to its highest level because the high-quality version (with a lower key repeat rate) was making my arms hurt. No me gusta.
SOSD was a great way to get points (later in the Cup, I played SOSD games 12-at-a-time because 12 SOSD games = 1 YYB win) but it gets boring and repetitive really fast. Now I think I'm allergic to Jelly Chias.

As far as the staff tournament goes, I liked it. I ended up with around 59k points and some halfway decent prizes.

Overall, it was pretty good.

#9 User is offline   Google 

• *creative member title*
  • Neopets: *classified*

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:02 AM

I despised it.
YYB was ruined, and while it does look better, it was unreliable, constantly changed, power-ups were completely unnecessary, and generally not a fun game to play. See Nasa's post for the other games, as I agree fully with him on the others.

The cup itself only had one issue in my eyes, however it isnt one that can be easily fixed: KI was in the running, after they've already won once. Give the rest of us a chance, will ya? However, I am please that Shenkuu finished higher this year than it did last year.

The staff tourney was the best part of this year's cup. It was nice to put together a team of staffers instead of just putting them into individual brackets. The prize was was pretty cool, although if they do it again, I'd prefer to have a little more variety in the prizes.

over all, 3/10, for poor planning, and sub-par game patches. when you've been in the buisness for as long as they have, you really should know how to ship a quality game patch. To be brutally honest, I could've made a better version of it, one that wouldnt need patches, as I actually test my work.

#10 User is offline   Yeurn 

• "I'm freein' myself!!"

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:33 AM

It was my first time this year, so I don't know what the old game was like. Played it as much as I could, though, and enjoyed it, depsite my team coming last. Oh well, there's always next year.

#11 User is offline   Yoshi 

• Yoshi Fanatic

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:23 AM

The old game was more decent. Mouse controls, no auto switch, no powers.

That I liked, I just want a simple YYB. Would you see powers in a soccer game?

#12 User is offline   Yeurn 

• "I'm freein' myself!!"

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:25 AM

No, you wouldn't, but they were quite useful at times. I liked the fast one and the ice.

#13 User is offline   Nasa 

• JN Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Neopets: nasa_guy1990
  • jnAccount : firestormcan

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:22 AM

View PostiYoshinho, on 13 July 2011 - 08:23 AM, said:

The old game was more decent. Mouse controls, no auto switch, no powers.

That I liked, I just want a simple YYB. Would you see powers in a soccer game?

With the exception of Backyard Soccer, you wouldn't but...

View PostMusicgirl59, on 13 July 2011 - 08:25 AM, said:

No, you wouldn't, but they were quite useful at times. I liked the fast one and the ice.

The ice and large goal were very helpful when dealing with those dang Darigan and Faerie yooyus. Seriously, who thought it was a good idea to make the Darigan go in a random direction? T_T If the powerups were kept out, I wouldn't be close to my near 10 goal average. The other two were helpful as well for quick goals.

#14 User is offline   steven2010 

• RAWKIT LAWNCHAIR
  • Neopets: steven2010382

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:27 AM

I'm glad I didn't participate again.

This cup was a disaster purely due TNT's laziness

#15 User is offline   Flynn Lives 

• JN Devotee
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Active Members
  • Neopets: shadowolf270

Posted 16 July 2011 - 01:32 PM

TNT rarely has betas for their events. Why should they start now? I just wish people complained 3000% less this year. That's all that bothered me. Some people need to be "taken out back".

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users