• This topic is locked

Legend Of Zelda

#1 User is offline   Link 

• Sir Link the Fab - Captain of the Apolan Ship
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired Staffers
  • jnAccount : link

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:30 PM

Greetings one and all who enter this topic.
This is the place to talk about LoZ non-stop.

Skyward Sword Trailer
ZREO

Top News
~There will be a traveling orchestra this fall playing Zelda music for the 25th Anniversary of LoZ (beat that Mario!)

~Skyward Sword is coming out around the holidays

~Fans are asking for a Majora's Mask 3DS remake (they even have a twitter account)

#2 User is offline   Dodger 

• Agents are GO!!
  • Group: Elite Members
  • Neo Name: dodgerfan28
  • jnAccount : dodgerfan28

Posted 30 July 2011 - 01:20 PM

Here is the Zelda topic you said you wanted to make!

I would love to see the traveling orchestra but I doubt I will be able to. I guess I'll have to stick with ZREO.

Speaking of that, you should post a link to ZREO in the first post. They changed their listen page to make it somewhat easier to use. It wasn't that bad before, but I still like it.

I am asking for Skyward Sword for Christmas. My friend really wants it also. I love the graphics. Twilight Princess would of looked better if it was a bit more colorful but I don't always want Wind Waker like Zelda games either.

I would probably get a Majora's Mask remake because I've never played it before but I think Majora's Mask should of been in the OoT remake.

Zelda games I'm playing:

Ocarina of Time (VC Version)

I'm in the Spirit Temple on my second playthrough, but I'm taking a break to play other games for a little while.

Link's Awakening DX (VC Version)

I'm in the Eagle's Tower. Working on the part where you have to knock down all 4 pillars.

Twilight Princess (Wii Version)

It was $20, so I picked it up after I had my surgery. I just finished the Fire Temple area (I forget the name).

#3 User is offline   Link 

Posted 30 July 2011 - 01:41 PM

I think I will do anything for those tickets. From what I have heard they actually aren't that much. I just need to find out their tour dates and I'll see if they come near me.

I think I will actually go the mid-night release of Skyward Sword...if they have one at least :lol:

I've tried playing MM but my brother has hidden the N64 @_@

I WOULD be playing my Twilight Princess and Wind Waker on my GameCube...but my memory cards have vanished Dx

#4 User is offline   Dark Heric 

• JN Devotee
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Active Members
  • Neo Name: hereicomenow
  • jnAccount : Hereicomenow

Posted 30 July 2011 - 02:07 PM

I have OoT and MM for N64. As well as A LoZ collecters disk for gamecube containing LoZ, LoZ, Links adventure, OoT, and MM. I have Four swords adventure, wind waker, and Twilight Princess all for GC, I have Phantom hourglass, and the sequel Spirit tracks for DS. Overall, I'm an LoZ fan.

#5 User is offline   Link 

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:02 PM

Currently I have:
Legend of Zelda (the first game)
OoT and MM
Minish Cap
Link's Awakening
Winder Waker
Twilight Princess
Phantom Hour Glass
Spirit Tracks

and while I do not have it I have beaten 4 swords on the GC

Winder Waker is my all time favorite though.
TP is fun too. It's more adult than the other games, and with the bow I feel like a sniper, taking out the badies with my arrows :muahaha:

#6 User is offline   Dodger 

• Agents are GO!!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:19 PM

I'm really looking forward for the GBA Four Swords this September. It will be really awesome if it has wifi play, but if it doesn't then I will play with my little sister or dad using the DSi.

I have Phantom Hourglass but I'm letting my sister borrow it.

I'll have to see if they are coming anywhere near me. I'm in Indiana so I doubt it. It's possible they might go to Chicago or Indy, I suppose.

BTW some news you forgot to put up. Nintendo is slashing the price of the 3DS to $170 so to say thanks/sorry to those who have already bought the 3DS, they are giving away a set of 20 free NES and GBA games by the end of 2011 to people who bought the 3DS and connected it to the Eshop before August 11th. We know what 10 of the games will be and one of them will be Zelda 1. I'm hoping one of the other 10 will be Minish Cap and another will be Zelda 2.

Also, the GBA version of Four Swords will be released for free on DSiware (Dsiware can be bought on the 3DS, BTW) this September, I think. That was announced at E3.

I doubt I could get my parents to take me to Gamestop at midnight. :P I can't even get a learners permit until I'm 15 and a half and I don't turn 15 until late October.

Well you have it better then me, Link. I don't have a memory card yet. Dad wants to get a gamecube controller and memory card and Paper Mario 2 but we just haven't gotten around to it.

#7 User is offline   Link 

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:24 PM

Amazing Story about Skyward Sword is amazing :D

Oh yeah. I forgot about the price slash.

#8 User is offline   Joey the Innovator 

• Man of Destiny
  • Neo Name: krawky398
  • jnAccount : krawky398

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:30 PM

The Zelda games I've beaten...

Ocarina of Time
Link's Awakening DX
Oracle of Seasons
Four Swords Adventures

I also have to beat Oracle of Ages, Wind Waker, and Spirit Tracks.

My favorites would be... The Oracle games. They're so unique, and like Link's Awakening, perfected the 2D Zelda formula. In fact, I think the Oracle games deserve an enhanced remake, being so fun.

I also think Four Swords Adventures would be great for a WiiU remake, since the controller has a built-in screen, and maybe it could have netplay too, so I can play with my friends~

#9 User is offline   Link 

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:32 PM

I want to play the Oracle games, but have yet to come across them sadly :(

#10 User is offline   Mutara Prime 

• JN Forum Stalker
  • PipPipPip
  • Neo Name: dreamer8_80
  • jnAccount : dreamer8_80

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:32 PM

:tardis:I am very excited about the price slash Now maybe I will be able to get it!

#11 User is offline   Dodger 

• Agents are GO!!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:46 PM

My friend did show me a site with Gameboy games online and they have the Oracle games so I have seen/played them some. I don't like pirating though so I didn't start a game at home. My opinion is that if the company has a way that they are making money off of the game (VC, a store, downloads, etc.) then you shouldn't pirate it but I don't have a problem if it if they aren't selling the game in any way like with Earthbound or some GB games like the Oracle games. Still, if you can get a copy of the game before you pirate it with a game like Earthbound or Mother 3 then it's best. Still, Gameboys are so cheap and used Gameboy Colors on Amazon are $15 (New ones are $250 or so. xD) so if you are going to do that with a game like the oracle games then get a GBC and make it so you don't have to use a keyboard.

I already have a 3DS. I knew they would cut the price eventually but I didn't think by this much. I'm annoyed at the way they've handled the 3DS. They didn't have games for it and won't have any good games that aren't N64 remakes until November, they released the eshop months after it was out and it still wasn't done (we have one non VC oe DSiware game (Pokedex 3D is an app about a DS game) and it's Let's Golf 3D by Gameloft) and I can't get the lines off my screen from the touchscreen anymore. I still love the system though mostly because the 3D is awesome and great games are coming.

Anyways, back to Zelda. My friend loves a Link to the Past but his SNES was fried in a lightning storm. He wants to get another. I might get ALTTP sometime but I don't want to get a Points Card just yet.

BTW Here's the literal trailer for Skyward Sword. http://www.youtube.c...h?v=rWu6YeRg2N4

#12 User is offline   Joey the Innovator 

• Man of Destiny
  • Neo Name: krawky398
  • jnAccount : krawky398

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:54 PM

I have two friends who love to race ALttP, mostly to Master Sword. One of those friends also knows a lot about Ocarina of Time speedrunning and glitches. He sometimes also links videos of OoT glitches for us to see, and so are rather silly/awesome.

#13 User is offline   Chev 

• Your average nerd… from space!™
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Neo Name: chevrolette__xx
  • jnAccount : Chev

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:01 PM

I've only played one game from this series (the original), but I love the Zelda franchise. Not only are the games awesome (of course), it has been very influential in the VG field AND the music is pure Koji Kondo awesomeness. Compared to most of the other old Nintendo series, LoZ has great storylines and characters.

Although Nintendo bundled Super Mario Bros. with the NES, it bundled the original LoZ with the Famicom in Japan. It is the 13th most successful video game series in the world.

(http://www.youtube.c...h?v=odRKeDQOJLE) <-- HOW COULD YOU NOT LIKE THAT!?!

#14 User is offline   Link 

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:33 AM

Question:

In your opinion which game out of the whole series has the best must?

What is your favorite song?

#15 User is offline   TARDIS 

• /~ is wr ur <3 is
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Neo Name: firenrocks2
  • jnAccount : firenrocks

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:35 AM

Oooh~ I love Zelda. Always have. And I'm very much looking forward to Skyward Sword. I love the graphics, as I enjoyed Wind Waker very much, even though some people didn't like the art direction.
With the wind and twister and black red monster... I wonder if the villain will be Vaati? Vaati is cool. :3

Anyways, I own and have beaten these Zelda games:

Legend of Zelda (I have the NES cart, but I played it on VC)
Link to the Past (Beat both SNES cart and GBA remake)
Link's Awakening (GB cart)
Oracle of Ages (GBC cart) *Linked Game with Seasons for this*
Oracle of Seasons (GBC cart)
Ocarina of Time (64 cart)
Majora's Mask (64 cart)
Minish Cap
Wind Waker
Four Swords Adventure
Twilight Princess

Yeah, I like Zelda. :P And I pretty much like to play on the original system for everything, as I love vintage gaming.

Share this topic:

• (31 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users