JN Boards: Ponies - JN Boards

• (38 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Ponies I used to wonder what friendship could be...

Poll: Ponies (32 member(s) have cast votes)

Who's your favorite pony from the mane six?

1. Twilight Sparkle (3 votes [9.38%])

Percentage of vote: 9.38%

2. Applejack (3 votes [9.38%])

Percentage of vote: 9.38%

3. Rarity (2 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

4. Rainbow Dash (10 votes [31.25%])

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

5. Fluttershy (8 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

6. Pinkie Pie (6 votes [18.75%])

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

Vote

#1 User is offline   Twilight Sparkle 

• 2nd Best Pony
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired Staffers
  • jnAccount : 1337

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:06 AM

I thought this forum needed a pony thread so that any bronies who are on here can actually post ponies. :D

For those of you who don't know, this is a thread about My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. If you're not familiar with it, you may be asking why. Well: It's awesome, it's awesome, the animation is great, it has lovable characters, and it leaves you with a warm fuzzy feeling inside. :) Oh, if you liked the Powerpuff Girls or Fosters Home, then you'll like ponies since it's by the same person.

If you're getting started, a good first episode would be Bridle Gossip. (ep 9)

If you'd rather watch it on TV, you can find it on The Hub.

Now, if you already like ponies, you probably already know these, but Equestria Daily has a huge collection of pony fan works.

So, what's your favorite ponies, songs, and episodes?

For me, my favorite pony would be Fluttershy. My favorite songs would be At the Gala and Winter Wrap Up. Lastly, I like Party of One, Bridle Gossip, Lesson Zero, and Swarm of the Century.

Next episode in...
http://ponycountdown.com/countdown.php/a.png

#2 User is offline   Herobrine 

• No, no, no ladies and gentlemen this is my fear!
  • Group: Elite Members
  • Neopets: otterwick

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:15 AM

I don't watch the shows, but I used to have some My Littlest Pony toys! But I gave them to my cat. He kept going into my toybox to play with them.
Well, I think I watched the show once or twice. :o

#3 User is offline   Twilight Sparkle 

• 2nd Best Pony

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:20 AM

View PostRabies, on 02 August 2011 - 08:15 AM, said:

I don't watch the shows, but I used to have some My Littlest Pony toys! But I gave them to my cat. He kept going into my toybox to play with them.
Well, I think I watched the show once or twice. :o

Are they the new 4th generation (G4) toys from the past year or so? It's significantly different from the previous generations, so you can't really compare the G3 (or earlier) ponies to the new ones.

#4 User is offline   Technology 

• JN Forum Stalker
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Active Members
  • jnAccount : technology

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:22 AM

I may not be a big fan, but I may have watched it a few times before, and I don't actually have any toys, though.

#5 User is offline   Google 

• *creative member title*
  • Neopets: *classified*

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:25 AM

Vinyl Scratch(DJ Pon-3) is the best, no other way to put it. I'm reeeeeeeealy hoping she returns in season two as a more prominent character(that means more vectors for me to work with :dance: ). Favorite episode is a toss-up between Sonic Rainboom, Suited for Success, and Fall Weather Friends.

Fun fact: I play TF2 with a bunch of bronies now :D Not only that, but I have played both with and against the one and only Steven Magnet. I think I've also played against Seth from EqD, but I'm not entirely sure (had Sethisto as their name, but no mic to confirm it). I also make TF2 pony sprays.

EDIT: no toys on my end though. Its hard to hide materiel goods from my folks, who would flip thier lids fi they found out about this addiction of mine.

#6 User is offline   Dawn the Heliotrope Wizard 

• karkat = holden caulfield
  • jnAccount : dawnlilly

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:27 AM

Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy are objectively the best.

I don't have any images to share, but I do have an amusing video and radio show segment:

Bill Clinton is quizzed on MLP:
http://www.npr.org/2...lays-not-my-job
(it's at the very end)

Lord of the Ponies:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=coExS8nrsGY

#7 User is offline   Twilight Sparkle 

• 2nd Best Pony

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:28 AM

View PostThe Engineer, on 02 August 2011 - 08:25 AM, said:

Vinyl Scratch(DJ Pon-3) is the best, no other way to put it. I'm reeeeeeeealy hoping she returns in season two as a more prominent character(that means more vectors for me to work with :dance: ). Favorite episode is a toss-up between Sonic Rainboom, Suited for Success, and Fall Weather Friends.

Fun fact: I play TF2 with a bunch of bronies now :D Not only that, but I have played both with and against the one and only Steven Magnet. I think I've also played against Seth from EqD, but I'm not entirely sure (had Sethisto as their name, but no mic to confirm it). I also make TF2 pony sprays.

EDIT: no toys on my end though. Its hard to hide materiel goods from my folks, who would flip thier lids fi they found out about this addiction of mine.

I've played on the TF2 pony servers a few times. Of course, there were pony songs being played all the time in there. :)

For anyone else who's interested, here's the pony Steam group :)

#8 User is offline   Google 

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:29 AM

View PostDawn the Heliotrope Wizard, on 02 August 2011 - 08:27 AM, said:

Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy are objectively the best.

I'm going to get shot multiple times in a dark alley for saying this, but I honestly dont like Fluttershy that much. Rainbow Dash is the best pegasus.

EDIT: @1337: which server was it? I'm usually on the Legion of Ponies (almost 24/7 not iceworld) server. The micspam there is how my pony music folder grew xD

#9 User is offline   Twilight Sparkle 

• 2nd Best Pony

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:50 AM

I think it was ponybrigade. Anyway, you do know about the google doc with the multi-gigabyte collection of pony music, right?

#10 User is offline   Google 

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:47 AM

View Post1337, on 02 August 2011 - 08:50 AM, said:

I think it was ponybrigade. Anyway, you do know about the google doc with the multi-gigabyte collection of pony music, right?

I dont :o I need to find this now though.

#11 User is offline   Nasa 

• JN Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Neopets: nasa_guy1990
  • jnAccount : firestormcan

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:16 AM

People may think this is one of those crazy internet trends that die within at least a week, but no sir. These ponies are here to stay, whether the haters like it or not. XD

But like most Bronies, I had no idea what to make of the whole pony thing when I first saw it. I was like, "What the heck?" when I saw Derpy's return show up on The Daily What. I passed on it and went along my business as usual. But then I saw this trailer, I was intrigued by how well the animation and character designs looked. There was a link leading to the first episode, so expecting over-the-top girliness I clicked that link. And I never looked back.

Friendship is Magic does things I wish other cartoons nowadays would do: well-written storylines and dialogue that avoid filler and padding, characters that are actual role models and are given actual development instead of being one-dimensional stereotypes, lots of eyecandy in the animation (specifically the expressions), a wonderful voice cast and soundtrack, subtle references to media that older folks can find, morals that persist throughout the entire episode and can be applied to real life, and spot-on humor taken from cartoon's golden days.

Experience goes a long way here, and Lauren Faust applied it very well. This show is a clear demonstration that a show about a girl's toy can be legitimately entertaining for (for the most part) all who watch it. All it takes is little elbow grease and understanding what makes something watchable.

Rainbow Dash is my favorite mane six pony, while Doctor Whooves is my favorite background pony. Winter Wrap-Up and At the Gala are stuck in my head for life, and my favorite episode ties between Feeling Pinkie Keen and Party of One.

#12 User is offline   Google 

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:22 AM

I was addicted slowly by two sources: Memebase, and Halolz. I had little interest when I first heard about it, but one picture is what got me started on ponies, and it wasnt even a picture of ponies xD It was titled the deadly cycle, and had the four phases of addiction:
1: rejection
2: curiosity
3: the first episode
4: dependency
and that is exactly what happened, with a little delay between 3 and 4, during which, Halolz stole my soul with images like this:
http://www.halolz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/halolz-dot-com-teamfortress2-mylittlepony-ponyfortress2.jpg

I really like the idea of the Sniper being a pegasus. It just works.

#13 User is offline   Grue 

• being zoroak is suffering
  • Neopets: benjpalmer2
  • jnAccount : benjpalmer

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:14 AM

Oh no. Pony thread.
Time to throw some pictures at you to distract you.
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lknhfjIr3i1qaqlyro1_500.png

#14 User is offline   Chev 

• Your average nerd… from space!™
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Neopets: chevrolette__xx
  • jnAccount : Chev

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:20 PM

That show has a large following on both here and Neo. I thought My Little Pony was for small girls; so much for stereotypes.

#15 User is offline   Twilight Sparkle 

• 2nd Best Pony

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:24 PM

View PostChev, on 02 August 2011 - 01:20 PM, said:

That show has a large following on both here and Neo. I thought My Little Pony was for small girls; so much for stereotypes.

The show has a huge colt following on the internet in general. You can find ponies in many corners of the internet, especially places populated mainly by 15-35 year old guys. :)

Share this topic:

• (38 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users