JN Boards: Krawk Island Renovation - JN Boards

Rules

This forum is for the discussion of any unreleased or newly interesting things on Neopets. (Make sure there aren't any other forums like Avatars and Games to post in first, though!)

BEFORE POSTING: Always check for other topics! We've had a lot of repeated SPAM topics! Any duplicate topics will be deleted!
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Krawk Island Renovation Oooooo.

#16 User is offline   Rad Shad 

• Majestic Butterfly
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Elite Members
  • Neo Name: shadowaura256
  • jnAccount : shadowaura256

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:03 AM

I had a one day vacatioon that I couldn't change so I missed a day and didn't get the site theme. Darn you unfair TNT!!!!! *shakes fist madly* At least we got a new daily...

#17 User is offline   Cornflakes 

• JN Forum Stalker
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Active Members
  • Neo Name: mrscornflakes
  • jnAccount : Cornflakes

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:09 AM

I didn't even know there was a site theme...I didn't get one because I was on vacation in Florida during the whole island search part. waaaaaahhhhhh

#18 User is offline   The Krawk 

• JN Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Neo Name: lupesrock207
  • jnAccount : crazyfordasher

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:31 AM

Did you hear that you can get a magical pirate krawk plushie? Ive been wanting to change my gelert into one, it was my first dreamie. Now im a step closer. :yesh:

#19 User is offline   Chev 

• Your average nerd… from space!™
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Neo Name: chevrolette__xx
  • jnAccount : Chev

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:26 AM

The new map looks BEAUTIFUL! They couldn't have done a better job. I thought it would all turn into a full-fledged plot, though.... :wormsurprise:

#20 User is offline   Mabel Pines 

• magical girls represent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • jnAccount : awesomemoe

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:54 AM

The new map is gorgeous! I wish we had gotten a full out plot, but the transition was nice.
I didn't get the site theme either. I thought I completed the Sudoku thing on all the release days, but it turns out once was on my brother's account. Sigh... At least I got the avatar.
So far I've gotten a one dubloon coin and a pirate usuki play set from the anchor management daily.

#21 User is offline   Cornflakes 

• JN Forum Stalker
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:28 PM

View PostThe Krawk Addict, on 09 August 2011 - 09:31 AM, said:

Did you hear that you can get a magical pirate krawk plushie? Ive been wanting to change my gelert into one, it was my first dreamie. Now im a step closer. :yesh:

I haven't heard that one, but I have heard an unconfirmed report of someone getting a Pirate PB.

That would be. AWESOME.

#22 User is offline   Rad Shad 

• Majestic Butterfly
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Neo Name: shadowaura256
  • jnAccount : shadowaura256

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:56 PM

I have also heard of the pb, but some one could be lying about both items.

#23 User is offline   Cornflakes 

• JN Forum Stalker
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:46 PM

I've actually seen multiple reports of both items -- Pirate PB and Magical Krawk Plushie -- so it's a possibility!

#24 User is online   Alexandria Trebek 

• I won't lose to this fate!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Neo Name: kittenkutie936
  • Location:♪ I feel the power of the ocean, connecting with the deepest part of me. Sirenix, underwater motion, suddenly I'm soaring through the sea...♪
  • jnAccount : froststar936

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:49 PM

View PostCornflakes, on 09 August 2011 - 01:46 PM, said:

I've actually seen multiple reports of both items -- Pirate PB and Magical Krawk Plushie -- so it's a possibility!

Not to dampen the mood, but the possibility of that happening is probably as small as it would be to get that neat cape from the Lunar Temple.

#25 User is offline   Cornflakes 

• JN Forum Stalker
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:48 PM

Small possibility, maybe -- but still a possibility! Don't be a Negative Nancy :P

#26 User is online   Alexandria Trebek 

• I won't lose to this fate!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Neo Name: kittenkutie936
  • Location:♪ I feel the power of the ocean, connecting with the deepest part of me. Sirenix, underwater motion, suddenly I'm soaring through the sea...♪
  • jnAccount : froststar936

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:01 PM

View PostCornflakes, on 10 August 2011 - 12:48 PM, said:

Small possibility, maybe -- but still a possibility! Don't be a Negative Nancy :P

I'm not being negative, merely rational! (I'm just a bit impatient that I don't know exactly when my NT story will be held over, so please forgive me.)

#27 User is offline   Monosmith 

• JN Forum Stalker
  • PipPipPip
  • Neo Name: blitzkrieg_maker
  • jnAccount : monosmith

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:17 PM

It seems that it was merely an event and not a plot, just as the Neopian Times said, although I am of the train of thought that this could still lead to a planned plot in the near future, and I still think that Gavril was behind it.

The renovation doesn't impress me that much. I'm not saying that I dislike it, but it's nowhere near as grand as Faerieland's makeover, and overall the change isn't something that strikes me. I was hoping for a more dramatic change, which was why from the beginning I assumed, all too confidently, that the island would remain as several islets.

The rewards for the event don't satiate me much, save for the money, which is always welcome. I'm not an avatar collector, especially not of plot avatars, since to me plot avatars are merely a means of displaying your age on the forums. However, I do like the site theme, since I do collect those. I'm debating as to whether I like this one or the Altador Cup theme better, although I think that ultimately I will make the AC theme my regular, since it seems much more wholesome.

Asides from the new site theme, I also really like the new daily, since the items are pretty good. They should also make the price of dubloons go way down, making it much more affordable for me to train my combat Neopet.

Sincerely,
Monosmith

#28 User is offline   Clockworthy 

• Winter is Coming
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Neo Name: the_academy_awards
  • jnAccount : the_academy_awards

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:47 PM

Oh, it's beautiful! Reminds me of Port Royal in POTC - or whatever the port was with the rowdy pirates.

(& is the plot over? How do I keep missing these plots?! I missed a theme? AARRRG.)

#29 User is offline   Dream 

• JN Loyalist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Content Writers
  • Neo Name: rainbow_daydreamer

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:02 PM

The island's gorgeous. I was in the camp that didn't believe KI needed a redraw, but now it's done, I'm struck by how big an improvement this is. It's detailed, atmospheric and really gives the island a sense of place. I am a little disappointed that the new map doesn't quite seem to be working properly; many things seem to require two clicks or more to open, for no good reason.

Moving some of the activities and games to a separate section (Warf Wharf) really makes a lot of sense-- having crowded maps is becoming more and more of a problem as Neopia fills up. On the other hand, I bewilderedly question the wisdom of including Krawk Fashions in the redrawn map. That page has been out of date for more than four years, and you'd think a redraw would be the perfect time to give it a graceful retirement.

#30 User is offline   Mabel Pines 

• magical girls represent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • jnAccount : awesomemoe

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:33 PM

View PostClockworthy, on 11 August 2011 - 12:47 PM, said:

Oh, it's beautiful! Reminds me of Port Royal in POTC - or whatever the port was with the rowdy pirates.

(& is the plot over? How do I keep missing these plots?! I missed a theme? AARRRG.)

Yeah, it's over. The site theme was only for participating daily. I didn't get it. :/ Technically, it was an event. Not quite enough content to be a plot.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users