• This topic is locked

Magical Girls--Neopian Style!

#1 User is offline   Alexandria Trebek 

• I won't lose to this fate!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Elite Members
  • Neopets: kittenkutie936
  • jnAccount : froststar936
  • Location:♪ I feel the power of the ocean, connecting with the deepest part of me. Sirenix, underwater motion, suddenly I'm soaring through the sea...♪

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:49 PM

So, while I'm not usually the best artist, I felt like drawing the characters from the series I'm writing, Valkaine. If The Vickles-Shaye Battles ever gets published, then this will be a companion series to it (and it'll have twelve parts. Yay!) Pretty much, it's a Neopian twist on the magical girl (this time, the girls are referred to as 'actresses') genre, complete with a bad future, genetic engineering, and clones. Here are some pictures of the characters:

http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac74/froststar936/Mgvalka.jpg?t=1315189497

This is Valka, the main heroine (hairstyle and staff are very likely to change, since I just came up with a new design). She has the power of the Light Sunbeam, a sort of combination of light and fire magic (blue fire, at that, so it's even hotter than regular flames). She's being pursued by Star Corporations, the people responsible for her magical abilities in the first place, since she's the most powerful out of all of them. She hides her magic for over fifteen years so that she can be a safe, regular Neopet. A strong-willed type, but fears being the chance of being persecuted by the ones she loves the most because she's actually a product of genetic engineering.

http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac74/froststar936/SC.jpg?t=1315189331

These are (from left to right) Stelle, Etoile, and Kotose. Stelle has the power over wind (can create small tornadoes) and was kidnapped by Star Corporations pretty much since she was born. Her father is Tandrak (seriously, what woman would want to marry my version of him?! Oh well. xD) Etoile can create small, supernova-like explosions and is Valka's daughter (she's currently a fugitive, since her magical abilities put her in danger and she is seen as a threat, even in her own homeland.) Kotose controls small asteroids and is actually a cloned version of Etoile (the two are very much different, though).

http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac74/froststar936/kaine.jpg?t=1315189209

Kaine, Actress of the Dark Sunbeam. Very much the story's Big Bad. Sure, she may not look like much, but she's essentially as powerful as Valka...because she is Valka. You see, Valka's original purpose was to have a dark and light power, each with its own different personality. Pretty much, she's lost faith in the world due to a tragedy in her life, and she does a Face Heel Turn and reverts to the 'dark' personality. Doesn't want anyone to identify with her or pity her. At first, she wants to capture her past self to spare her from the harsh future, but later continues to do it because she wants to make sure she continues to exist. Star Corporations clearly prefers this darker personality. Textbook example of how a once-strong heroine loses faith in everything she once knew, and corrupts herself as a result.

So, what do you think?

#2 User is offline   Grue 

• being zoroak is suffering
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Neopets: benjpalmer2
  • jnAccount : benjpalmer

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:44 AM

Why does this sound familiar to what I've heard of Sailor Moon...
Concept art isn't much, but concept sounds interesting...
Of course, it's still better than my art.

#3 User is offline   Alexandria Trebek 

• I won't lose to this fate!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Neopets: kittenkutie936
  • jnAccount : froststar936
  • Location:♪ I feel the power of the ocean, connecting with the deepest part of me. Sirenix, underwater motion, suddenly I'm soaring through the sea...♪

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:52 PM

View PostKrawk Island Zoroark, on 25 September 2011 - 11:44 AM, said:

Why does this sound familiar to what I've heard of Sailor Moon...
Concept art isn't much, but concept sounds interesting...
Of course, it's still better than my art.

Because it's part of the 'magical girl' genre. It's mainly Japanese, but some Italian people have done it. I felt that I could give it a genetic engineering-type twist. Yes, I realize that I'm not the best. But strapping down and forcing myself to draw helps me with character description. And you should've seen my past art...xD

#4 User is offline   Dark Heric 

• JN Devotee
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Active Members
  • Neopets: hereicomenow
  • jnAccount : Hereicomenow

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:19 PM

To be honest, Definitely not bad. Obviously not perfect, but that isn't bad for creatures I can't draw on paper.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users