• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Frozen...

#1 User is offline   gashunum 

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:23 AM

Hi, sorry, I'm quite new in the forum, so... none of you might know me...sorry if I create the wrong topic in the wrong board...

Anyway, I can't login to my account, it said that the passworrd is invalid, and when I tried to see my user lookup, it says it's disabled.
Lately, I'm only playing neopets for the dailies, and for the events (e.g. AAA challenge), I don't go to the boards, I don't play games, not trying to earn np, etc.

My neopoints or other thing may not be that much, however, the neocash items are.. quite a lot.

Am I really frozen, or someone tried to hack my acc? Does anyone have insight?

Thank you for your time

#2 User is offline   Grog 

• Your angry eyebrows are making everything you say terrifying.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired Staffers
  • jnAccount : Grog

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:17 AM

It's hard to say, but if your lookup says it's disabled then your account is frozen.

What you can do is submit a ticket (choose "Issue Type: Frozen Accounts" - yes, it is really long :() and then someone from TNT will get back to you about why; normally, they give a reason why the account was frozen when you login, but if the password has changed that is not possible. I would choose "Possibly Scammed" for the "Reason your account was frozen" field and try to put as much information about your situation as you can in the "Further Explanation" field (the one at the bottom).

Good luck!

#3 User is offline   User221 

• I post too much
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Elite Members

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:15 AM

Normally (with 99/100 certainty) that if the password you know doesn't work, hasn't been changed by you and more importantly gives an angry Neopet when it doesn't work it's likely that someone else was able to get into your account and it was frozen for your protection. How they got into it is another story and I'd suggest making sure your email and your computer are secure.

Just good luck and try to list as many NC purchases as you can so they'll know it's you.

#4 User is offline   gashunum 

• Neophyte
  • Pip

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:44 PM

Thank you

It's been more than 2 weeks, and my ticket is still open. I'm actually more worried to the NC mall stuff I invested so far (e.g. stocking thingies, nc collector item thingies and the bonus they should give... sigh).
Anything else that I should do?

#5 User is offline   Raven Rose 

• PipPip
  • jnAccount : ravenrose

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:47 AM

After you submit the ticket, you pretty much just have to wait until they respond or give your account back.
And sorry to say but lately it has been taking a lot longer than 2 weeks to get a response or a change in you ticket status.
When my account was compromised at the end of August, it took 5 weeks before I got my account back and the ticket status didn't change until right before they gave it back to me.
It may have been because of the holidays but recently it has been taking about 1-2 months. Now that they are back in the offices, maybe they will speed things up but they are probably backed up because quite a few people have had their accounts scammed/hacked/compromised in the last several months.
Good Luck.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users