JN Boards: I Think They Froze The Wrong Account...? - JN Boards

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

I Think They Froze The Wrong Account...? And I have a few questions pertaining to this

#1 User is offline   Shadows 

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:47 PM

Ok, let me lay it out for you..

I have 4 side accounts, so the maximum number of accounts to be had.
The fourth side account I just created about 4 days ago.
The third side account I made around June of last year.

Today I found that my third side account (the one I made last June) had been frozen due to not activating my account within 72 hours of creation. After the inital shock I thought about it and realised that that couldn't be right. Then I logged into the account I made 4 days ago and saw (to my horror)that I had forgotten to activate that account, which I then immediately activated.

So here are my questions:

Do you think Neopets will realise this mistake and rectify it without my notifying them? Because I am actually REALLY glad they froze the 3rd account and not the 4th as I didn't really use the 3rd account for anything important whereas I had been spending Neocash and customizing pets on the 4th.

Also, as I have had one side account frozen, does this mean I can create another side account and not be in danger of having more than the maximum number of accounts?

I'm very wary now of doing anything against the rules now that I've been frozen! It makes you realise how much you stand to lose - I've been on Neopets for around 5 years now.

Sorry for the long post, and I really appreciate anyone who can answer my questions :)

#2 User is offline   User221 

• I post too much
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Elite Members

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:53 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the maximum number of accounts is 5. I know it's a bit weird but I dunno.

Do you think Neopets will realise this mistake and rectify it without my notifying them?

No. With the amount of accounts and of staff they're not going to probably check. I would double check by logging into the frozen account just to make sure this 72 hours is the case because I honestly have not heard such a thing (unless it was recently implemented). Most of the time an account not activated would just have certain features disabled indefinitely (based on experience years ago with small children).

Also, as I have had one side account frozen, does this mean I can create another side account and not be in danger of having more than the maximum number of accounts?

As far as I know you should be able to create a new account as long as you don't have more than 5 accounts...Although it should not let you create more than 5 on the same email.

#3 User is offline   Clouds 

• Oracle
  • Group: Retired Staffers
  • jnAccount : the_cloudy_sky

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:37 AM

View PostUser221, on 02 January 2012 - 11:53 PM, said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the maximum number of accounts is 5. I know it's a bit weird but I dunno.

Shadows has four side accounts. Four sides and one main makes five in total, so he or she has the maximum number of accounts.

#4 User is offline   3est 

• (◡‿◡✿)
  • jnAccount : 3est

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:47 AM

honestly they will never get around to it, probably even if you wanted it again

i'm just a bit worried about the implications of this- i can imagine them "firing their freeze ray" at any old account and "missing" every so often.
but tbh the support system is one of the worst around, so in your case, you're safe

#5 User is offline   User221 

• I post too much

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:47 PM

View PostClouds, on 03 January 2012 - 10:37 AM, said:

View PostUser221, on 02 January 2012 - 11:53 PM, said:

Shadows has four side accounts. Four sides and one main makes five in total, so he or she has the maximum number of accounts.

Yeah, I figured I done goofed somewhere. Thanks for the that.

#6 User is offline   Blatch 

• This place is dead. ;_;
  • Neopets: Gordy_777
  • jnAccount : Gordy_777

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:49 PM

View PostShadows, on 02 January 2012 - 08:47 PM, said:

Today I found that my third side account (the one I made last June) had been frozen due to not activating my account within 72 hours of creation. After the inital shock I thought about it and realised that that couldn't be right. Then I logged into the account I made 4 days ago and saw (to my horror)that I had forgotten to activate that account, which I then immediately activated.

Huh. I didn't think they had that rule back when I signed up. Are you talking about the validation process, where you enter a code you recieve in your Email?

Back when I signed up, I didn't remember them freezing your account if you couldn't get the validation code. They just restricted what you could do for a few weeks, and then they took it away.

Sorry if I'm getting off topic here, but does what I mentioned ring a bell to any of you? I don't think that rule could have been around back then. I hope you do get that account back, however. :)

#7 User is offline   Shadows 

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:53 PM

8-Bit Blatch - yes the validation process where you enter the code they send in the email.

Thanks everyone for the feedback :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users