JN Boards: Sports - JN Boards

Rules

General Chat Rules

This topic is used to post about your favorite non-Neopets topics that don't fit in our other Chat categories. Media has its own subforum, as do Current Events and Debates. If you're looking to bring up something relating to any of those, please do it in the proper forum!

If you're talking about your dad making spaghetti for dinner tonight, however, this board is not the one to use. Go post in Random Blah instead! ;)
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Sports What do you play?

#1 User is offline   Mabel Pines 

• yam
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Elite Members
  • jnAccount : awesomemoe

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:05 PM

Ok, I know we don't all sit around on our computers the whole day. You people have told me you played sports! You didn't lie, right? RIGHT?! You better not, because I want to know about them.

I play too many sports, as most of you are aware because I never stop talking about them.

Golf & Swimming- They get to be paired together because they both aren't very serious and they're both at the country club we go to. I used to do swimming separately during the winter, but I got too busy with softball. Now I just do the casual swim team at the club. We have optional practices once a week in the summer. Some people don't go to any, but my mom makes me to stay in shape or something. XP There's only six-ish meets against the other clubs, and then we have a conference with all the clubs. It's fun. (mostly we just have parties, of course its fun. :P ) Golf is ok, I'm really bad at it though. Swinging golf clubs helps with my softball swing, so it's worth it. Plus, it's something to do with friends. There's this small golf course near us that's meant for kids, so we go there sometimes.

Softball- Softball is my favorite. :D It takes up the majority of my time, but it's worth it. It's so much fun, and my teammates are the best. I pitch and play center field. (first base too, sometimes) Recently my pitching hasn't been as accurate, but it's gotten faster and I'm keeping working on it, so hopefully it'll improve. My batting has gotten a lot better, partly because I've gotten a much better bat and partly because I've been working on my swing. I'm so excited for summer and spring so we can start having tournaments. (we do have a indoor midnight tournament at the end of this month though. :D )

Volleyball- I play volleyball at school. I'm ok, I guess, but our school team is terrible. We didn't win any games last season. XD At least it's fun. Honestly, I think we would do better if we had different coaches. Our coaches are nice, but we didn't learn anything the entire season. If I tryout in high school and make it I'm sure it'll be a lot better. I always play back row. Front row is too confusing. :P

Other- I've gone skiing once. It's really fun, and I'd love to again, but there's not really any hills around here. *sadface*
I used to play soccer when I was younger, but I haven't really since. We'll play in gym sometimes, or when my friends want to. (most of them still play it.)

So, what do you people play/like?

#2 User is offline   13germandames 

• JN Forum Stalker
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:36 AM

Well . . . we don't have any official sports, because it kinda costs nowadays ):
But I have a sort of basketball court! It's a bottomless old Detergent Bucket hanging from the ladder of my treehosue that I throw a small Tennis ball through! (Though mom's gonna get me a small inflatable ball.)
And we play badmitton sometimes.
But I'd love to play Baseball ^^

#3 User is offline   Red Green 

• Duct tape extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Neopets: neoking2002_neo
  • jnAccount : neoking2002_neo

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:19 AM

Sports? I really don't play a lot these days, but I did enjoy playing volleyball and basketball back in my high school gym class, as well as taking track and field whenever it was warm outside (mainly in the 1st and 4th quarters of the school year).

#4 User is offline   Miki Sayaka 

• Justice will prevail!

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:13 PM

I'm not a sports person type, but I play badminton sometimes.

And swimming, if that also counts.

#5 User is offline   3est 

• 3rd time's the charm
  • jnAccount : 3est

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:28 AM

at the start of high school my dad was like "you should join rowing go sign up" so i did and that goes year round but right now it's winter and we practice indoors on ergs, which suck. the good thing is that most of the people who joined weren't amazing at sports because no one gets cut from rowing, so I'm not like a weakling or anything

Also in may and june I do baseball which is pretty fun after like 6 years. I used to be horrible but now it's easier. It's still kind of tricky though cause the rules get more complex as we get older

#6 User is offline   Catbug 

• sup
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Neopets: Tacodog_13
  • jnAccount : Victini

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:24 PM

I play Badminton and swimming
I don't play right now since its winter (but its like 60 degrees here)

#7 User is offline   Hayley Williams 

• Yo dawg...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:53 AM

I don't really play much sports. I swim sometimes, and can play most sports, but not outside of Gym class

#8 User is offline   Camero 

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • Group: Retired Staffers
  • Neopets: kauvarax
  • jnAccount : cameromichael

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:13 AM

I love sports :P. Here's come I play:

-Soccer: In the fall. Midfield wing, best position EVER. And if anyone happens to live in Britain, fine; I play football. Happy?!
-Baseball: In the summer. I'm usually left/center field, but have played 2nd in the past. Baseball's really the only sport I follow as well as play.
-Track: In the spring. I have Cystic Fibrosis, so it's important for me to do lots of running, so track is perfect for me (plus, I'm not too bad a runner). I'm best at sprinting and miles (best [50yd] sprinting time: 6.8 seconds; best mile time: 6 minutes 23 seconds).
-Basketball: In the winter. I don't play on a team, but play every now and then when I'm bored.

#9 User is offline   b02l23p88 

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Neopets: b02l23p88
  • jnAccount : b02l23p88

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:53 PM

Yes! I have a couple of sports that I participate in:

-Swimming: I just swim laps when I can, but I used to be on a swim team in middle school. My favorite stroke is the backstroke.

-Figure skating: This is my favorite. I skated in high school (I passed all my basic skills tests, and got to Freestyle 2). Then, I went to college. I occasionally skated, since there was a rink in town, but I was only able to practice once a month - at most. Now that I've graduated, I'm getting back into skating several days a week. I'm signing up for adult level classes soon (I might also start taking private lessons), and I'm hoping to pass some tests. If I get all my skills back, I'll probably start competing again.

I used to play a bunch of sports at summer camp, too (volleyball, basketball, soccer, etc.).

This post has been edited by b02l23p88: 18 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

#10 User is offline   maleaco 

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:17 AM

Ill rock climb, scubadive, and hike, do you consider those sports?

#11 User is offline   Haduo 

• JN Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Neopets: shoyruhadouken
  • jnAccount : thev2

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:24 PM

Only played Soccer ...

... yeah, that's it, it's a pretty common sport in the outdoors.

#12 User is offline   Gundam Tanaka 

• doing literally the frenchest of possible sighs over here
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Neopets: fizzifull

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:35 PM

I play tennis and badmninton. Hurray for racquets!
I'm not in a soccer team, but I've done some training...

#13 User is offline   Benladesh 

• iDB Spy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Battlepedia
  • Neopets: Benladesh
  • jnAccount : benladesh

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:14 PM

I snowboard.
I mostly try to hit the gym 2-3 times per week. I'm thinking of hitting it up every day after march break. We'll see how that goes xD

#14 User is offline   Trevor Philips 

• JN Devotee
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Active Members
  • jnAccount : tobuscus_turner

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:09 PM

I play Basketball, and also I swim too :D

#15 User is offline   Yannikip 

• Mage of Blood
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Location:Either at Altador, School of Adventure or Clocktower Square

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:25 PM

At school, I play Soccer, Basketball, and Badminton.

That's about it.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users