Slovenian Ambassador's Apology For Signing Acta Now calls for protest

#1 User is offline   steven2010 

• RAWKIT LAWNCHAIR
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Elite Members
  • Neopets: steven2010382

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:04 PM

Her apology

One of the most recent leaders to sign the secretive and wide-spread internet censorship-minded Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement has now apologized and called for mass demonstrations to protest what she’s done. It’s Slovenia’s ambassador to Japan, miss Helena Drnovsek Zorko, who signed the ACTA and was immediately drown in emails and calls from Slovenians criticizing her for doing so. This bill was then read in full by the ambassador, she then deciding that the agrees fully with the critics who’ve mailed her, apologizing to her children and her country before calling for what’s effectively a revolt against the agreement on the whole.

Source (also has the apology)

There's not really much of an article to post since most of the content is the apology.

she admits that she signed it because her government told her to, and "out of civic carelessness" in not bothering to understand what ACTA meant before signing it.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/048/697/Why2.jpg

I was hoping that this little "quirk" was just something that only US politicians had but apparently its not limited to the country! Such news is just music to my ears!

She also expresses exasperation at the fact that the hatred of many people has been directed at her, rather than at her government and others who actually created ACTA

Oh don't worry, the fools who responsible for this idea aren't excluded from the hate machine.

But you SIGNED SOMETHING WITHOUT READING IT and considering all the controversy this bill and others are getting, I'm just dumbfounded by how you didn't even think about so much as taking a glance at it.

Regardless though, I'm glad she apologized and at least took the blame for her being careless.
Something a lot of people need to take note of.

#2 User is offline   Hayley Williams 

• Yo dawg...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Elite Members

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:00 PM

Anyway, Really? Sopa and Pipa come, they go, Acta Comes, signed, then hopefully goes.

#3 User is offline   Nynex 

• (9:56:36 PM) Dave: come on Nynex, back to the bedroom for more
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired Staffers
  • jnAccount : nynex

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:05 PM

Interesting to see that politicians don't really research these agreements before just blindly agreeing with it.
I think the people stepping up and pointing this out will help educate those in political power to listen to their people.

#4 User is offline   maleaco 

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:18 AM

Wow this is nuts, thanks

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users