JN Boards: Writing Battle: Unofficial Edition Battle 1 Voting Area - JN Boards

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Writing Battle: Unofficial Edition Battle 1 Voting Area

Poll: Please read the stories before voting. (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Which story is your favorite?

1. Good things come to those who wait (2 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

2. Reasons why evil is better than good (3 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

3. Easier Than It Looks (1 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

4. Fire Sugar Cubes (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Worm Trouble (3 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

6. Toaster Girl:The Abridged Story (2 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

Vote

#1 User is offline   Grue 

• being zoroak is suffering
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Elite Members
  • Neopets: benjpalmer2
  • jnAccount : benjpalmer

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:45 AM

Here's the voting area for the Unofficial Writing Battle.
As a reminder, here are the stories:

Good things come to those who wait - bad things come to those who are bad
JB looked up from his newspaper. A murder had just occurred, killing a teenage boy. JB was shocked that something like that would ever happen. Although saddened, he walked to work, article writer at the JNT. Left, right, then right again. He got to work, and took out his key. Then he heard something. Looking around rapidly, he saw a masked man walk away. It was the murderer! Not knowing what else to do, JB went and punched the murderer, who got knocked out cold. JB was later given a medal for his bravery and for helping capture the evildoer.

Reasons why evil is better then good.
The mysterious figure stood on the edge of the dock, looking out of the lake with the cold and foggy area, as the darkness clouded the night. As he stood, he heard a voice. It said loud and clearly "Are you seriously the person who I am supposed to contact?". The figure smiled. It was his spy. He turned, but his smiled disappeared. There, stood a villain with all of his minions behind him. He said "I would tell you all my plans then put you in a death trap... but...." Then he took out a gun and shot him.

Easier Than It Looks
Many people had tried swimming way before I did, and I’ve held it off too long. That’s why I was here now, at age sixteen, at the edge of the pool.
“Swimming feels really nice, just do one lap!”
“Can she even hold her breath long enough?”
“We’re old enough to hold our breath for 10 seconds.”
Taking a deep breath, I eased myself into the water and as my friends taught me, I slowly pushed off the wall, and let the water run over me. My arm sliced the pool water and after one lap, it did feel good.

Fire Sugar Cubes
Victini looked at her sugar cubes. I wish they were hot at least she thought to herself. Then she had an idea. She put the sugar cubes on a fire resist mat and then blew. A wave of fire washed over the bowl of sugar cubes gently. Perfect! she thought to herself. She ran into her kitchen and brought some lemonade. “This will be the best lunch ever!” Victini exclaimed as she looked at the lemonade and sugar cubes. She took 3 sugar cubes and felt overjoyed! She had just created the best snack in the universe, fire sugar cubes!

Wurm Trouble

The wurm (a gigantic serpent relative) slid his way through the series of underground tunnels. He knew he was in trouble. But he had not been able to do it. He was not like the other wurms. He told himself not to slither faster, he knew that would arise panic. But he heard a loud and ferocious roar.

The Wurmking was bashing his way down the tunnels, ignoring the younger’s pleas for mercy.

“Please, sir! I couldn’t kill those humans!”

“Enough!” The Wurmking reared up, ready to attack.

But the wurm found a small tunnel and slithered backwards through it.

Toaster Girl: The Abridged Story

Once, there was a girl. A pretty, yetpoor girl. The girl loved toast. Her toaster always burnt her toast,however... But she scraped off the burnt bits and fed them to herdog.One day, she went and bought a fancytoaster with her small bi-monthly grocery budget. She loved her newtoaster, never burning her bread.

A few days later, her toaster wentmissing, with a note to go to the park. The girl obeyed, and thethief revealed himself as the dog, wanting his burnt bits of toastagain! Then the dog got hit by a car.

Voting will close on the 10th of March

#2 User is offline   mundim 

• JN Devotee
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Active Members
  • jnAccount : mundim

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:20 AM

The last one was doing so good until the last non-sense sentence...

#3 User is offline   Grue 

• being zoroak is suffering
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Elite Members
  • Neopets: benjpalmer2
  • jnAccount : benjpalmer

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:01 PM

Voting is now OVER early.
Please do not post in this.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic