JN Boards: The Inheritance Cycle - JN Boards

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Inheritance Cycle Revived!

Poll: The Inheritance Cycle (4 member(s) have cast votes)

Out of the characters who APPEAR in all 4 books, which do you like the most? Tell me if I missed one.

1. Eragon (1 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. Roran (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Murtagh (1 votes [25.00%])

4. Arya (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Nausada (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Saphira (1 votes [25.00%])

7. Orik (0 votes [0.00%])

8. Jeod (0 votes [0.00%])

9. Angela (1 votes [25.00%])

10. Solembum (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote

#1 User is offline   Floran 

• Baron Breadfish
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Elite Members

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:54 PM

I am here to once revive the topic about the inheritance cycle. Talk about the work of Christopher Paolini with Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, and Inheritance.

It is my favorite book series. The way it is worded, and the length always makes it a mystery to me once again, and it inspires me to read it again. So, do you like the series? Hate it? Reading it?

Making this topic once again though. I like it to much I'll just make a topic about it.

#2 User is offline   Chev 

• Your average nerd… from space!™
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Neopets: chevrolette__xx
  • jnAccount : Chev

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:56 PM

Ahaha, I LOVE that series. It is pure awesomeness. When I first started reading Eragon, I thought it was dumb. Three chapters later, I was addicted. It's amazing how much of my personality is reflected in Eragon, and the supporting cast is varied and creative. Paolini's writing style is also fabulous. I can't wait to read the newest book, but I'm going to wait until my sister gets it.

#3 User is offline   Floran 

• Baron Breadfish

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:59 PM

Ah. I agree that within the first 3 chapters that it was dumb. I started reading it about 5 years ago, and ever since then I've been a huge fan. So you haven't read the 4th book then? It starts off boring to me, like every book, but that's just my openion. Once you get past the first 100-200 pages, you'll want to read the next 600 non stop.

#4 User is offline   Catbug 

• sup
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Neopets: Tacodog_13
  • jnAccount : Victini

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:47 AM

I'm on the first book
First chapter
LOL

#5 User is offline   Floran 

• Baron Breadfish

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:16 PM

Good job Victini!

I think you should really read into it. I have to re-read the entire series just to get what's going on the entire way through.

#6 User is offline   Catbug 

• sup
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:58 PM

Well I'm reading another book though
But I'm almost done with it
Probably will finished it in like 2 weeks?

#7 User is online   Link 

• Sir Link the Fab - Captain of the Apolan Ship
  • Group: Retired Staffers
  • jnAccount : link

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:01 AM

Oh, someplace I can talk about my Inheritance addiction.
Fact: Christopher Paolini tweeted me last week. It was glorious. I fan boy squeeled extremely loud.

I went on a re-reading tangent after finishing the last book the first time around. So many things I forgot about!
I honestly loved the entire last book (a little too much Roran for my taste, but that's ok)

It is rumored that Paolini IS indeed writing more of Alegasia, but it is NOT going to be about Eragon (he might appear in it, or might not who knows)
It is rumored that it is going to be the prequel, the story of Brom.

#8 User is offline   Catbug 

• sup
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:11 AM

I am now on page 56
My friends think I'm a fast reader
Compared to other people no

#9 User is offline   Floran 

• Baron Breadfish

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:42 PM

View PostLink, on 13 March 2012 - 06:01 AM, said:

Fact: Christopher Paolini tweeted me last week. It was glorious. I fan boy squeeled extremely loud.

I went on a re-reading tangent after finishing the last book the first time around. So many things I forgot about!
I honestly loved the entire last book (a little too much Roran for my taste, but that's ok)

It is rumored that Paolini IS indeed writing more of Alegasia, but it is NOT going to be about Eragon (he might appear in it, or might not who knows)

Go addictions! I might join Twitter for that, and I would squeel even louder for that. I am re-reading the entire series for the 2nd time(the first book for like the 5th or 6th time.), and about halfway through the first book. I like all the mysteries in the first book that you forget about, but after you read the 4th book the re-read the 1st, it all makes sense.

Paolini(if I am correct) in his thanks and all at the end of the 4th book, said he will either set a story with the dragon rider's height of power, maybe with there fall, and then in the future. I saw the Brom rumor as well, and I'd love to hear that story. In the 4th book, I do agree there was a little bit to much Roran, but I still loved his storyline. In the second book, my favorite one, I loved his story. In the 3rd, it helped the boringness of it, and in the 4th, I either liked Roran's current story or Eragon's. So it helped me push through the book. I do hope that if he writes more books, one of them would be about Roran after the 4th book.

#10 User is offline   Chev 

• Your average nerd… from space!™
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Neopets: chevrolette__xx
  • jnAccount : Chev

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:06 PM

View PostXana DiLanche, on 13 March 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

Go addictions! I might join Twitter for that, and I would squeel even louder for that. I am re-reading the entire series for the 2nd time(the first book for like the 5th or 6th time.), and about halfway through the first book. I like all the mysteries in the first book that you forget about, but after you read the 4th book the re-read the 1st, it all makes sense.

Paolini(if I am correct) in his thanks and all at the end of the 4th book, said he will either set a story with the dragon rider's height of power, maybe with there fall, and then in the future. I saw the Brom rumor as well, and I'd love to hear that story. In the 4th book, I do agree there was a little bit to much Roran, but I still loved his storyline. In the second book, my favorite one, I loved his story. In the 3rd, it helped the boringness of it, and in the 4th, I either liked Roran's current story or Eragon's. So it helped me push through the book. I do hope that if he writes more books, one of them would be about Roran after the 4th book.

Eh, I don't think a whole book about Roran would be appropriate. He's just not a very deep character. Eragon is an extremely well-crafted concrete-universal character whose personality develops with the books; Roran, not so much. That's what I think, anyway.

#11 User is offline   Floran 

• Baron Breadfish

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:22 PM

View PostChev, on 13 March 2012 - 03:06 PM, said:

View PostXana DiLanche, on 13 March 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

Eh, I don't think a whole book about Roran would be appropriate. He's just not a very deep character. Eragon is an extremely well-crafted concrete-universal character whose personality develops with the books; Roran, not so much. That's what I think, anyway.

Well, here's what I think he should do if he doesn't/after the Brom book. It's in SPOILERS! Don't read it until you've read all 4 books! Don't want to spoil it!
Spoiler

#12 User is offline   Medic 

• medi/medis/mediself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

Anyone want explain why I should read the Inhertiance Circle?
I need something to read, lol

I heard something about it, lol...

#13 User is offline   Floran 

• Baron Breadfish

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:28 PM

Luigi, you should read it. I don't know how to explain the book series. It's action packed, mystery, excitement(a little romance on the side), and more!

BTW I added Jeod, Angela, and Solembum to the poll, I forgot that they're in all 4 books.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users